Blessings

I love to write. English was my favorite subject in school; even today I find myself correcting people, if not verbally, I correct them in my head :)
I created this blog about 4 years ago and never posted to it; I started posting to a blog on myfitnesspal.com when I began my healthy living journey back in January. But after my friend Cara mentioned that she had been thinking of beginning a blog my interest and passion for writing was sparked again. (Thanks Cara, es)

At first I had no clue what to write about. Yeah I could blog about my weight loss journey, but all my passion is not for weight loss; it goes much deeper than that!I live a crazy busy life, yet so boring and mundane to many. I have a beautiful family; I'm married to the love of my life and we have a daughter and a son together. We both work full time and like most families with two working parents, someone else gets the pleasure of keeping our kids while we work.
Also like other working families, we run high in the laundry department and low in the sleep department! And then you know, there are the other challenges: ear infections, financial worries, the economy and gas prices, kids being mean to our kids, balancing friends into our already busy and crammed life, and keeping up the romance and passion in our marriage.

With all of that being said, that is where I came up with the title to this blog: Seeking Peace in a Storm. My life is a storm; but so is yours I'm sure. We all have so much that we have to fight through; if we let it consume us, we will never have Peace. The Prince of Peace is who I live to seek each and every day. I don't seek Him perfectly either; I don't always have quiet time or a long prayer time. Sometimes the only "time" I have to just myself and the Lord is when I'm in the restroom! But even in the restroom, I'm seeking Him none-the-less.

I heard this song today for the first time and wow, it is exactly me and probably you too and really hits the spot on what reason I have for this blog. Hope you enjoy.

Blessings by Laura Story

We pray for blessings 
We pray for peace 
We pray for healing, for prosperity 
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering 
All the while, You hear each spoken need 
Yet love is way too much to give us lesser things 

‘Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops 
What if Your healing comes through tears 
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You’re near 
What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise 

We pray for wisdom 
Your voice to hear 
We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near 
We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love 
As if every promise from Your Word is not enough 
All the while, You hear each desperate plea 
As long as we have faith to believe 

When friends betray us 
When darkness seems to win 
We know that pain reminds this heart 
That this is not our home 

What if my greatest disappointments 
Or the aching of this life 
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy 
What if trials of this life 
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights 
Are your mercies in disguise



Comfort for family, protection while we sleep 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

What is a RESOLUTION??