SO MANY BOOKS, so little time

It feels like it has been forever since I last blogged!
It's been so busy and I just seem to never have time to just sit down and unwind...which is where today's post title comes from: SO MANY BOOKS, so little time!



I started painting my bookshelf Saturday---I found this great half cabinet, half book shelf on craigslist for $80. I didn't like the color and I knew that I would end up painting it and adding new hardware so that the shelf would go with my living room decor, and I just love a good project so I grabbed it up as fast as I could...actually, I had my husband drive to Little Rock and pick the thing up for me, but I contacted the seller :)
Anyhow, the plans are to paint it a tealy-blue, shabby chic style. It will be absolutely adorable when it is all said and done. I need to get it finished quick because I have 3 boxes full of books! Some I have read, some are photo albums/yearbooks, but then there is a section of books that I purchased hoping to read sometime soon.

I LOVE to read! And I wish that I had an entire week where I could just sit down and read book after book after book and put a dent in the stack that I have waiting to be read!

Some titles that I can't wait to crack open and devour are:
  • Still Growing by Kirk Cameron
  • Justification and Regneration by Charles Leiter
  • So Long Insecurity Group Experience Bible Study by Beth Moore
  • Ruth: Gleaning Hope from the MORE Series
  • The New Strong Willed Child by James Dobson
  • Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst
  • The Five Love Languages of Children by Chapman & Campbell
  • Paul by Beth Moore (I started it and have never finished)
  • A Time to Embrace by Karen Kingsbury
Not to mention my long wish list of books that I do not yet own, but would love to!
  • Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredge
  • Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
  • I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother by Allison Pearson
  • Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life by Emily Freeman
  • Nehemiah: Rebuilding, Revival and Restoration of the People of God by Kay Arthur
  • Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
  • Faith Dare by Debbie Alsdorf
  • The Wives of King David by Jill Eileen Smith
  • Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
  • Mere Churchianity: Finding Your Way Back to a Jesus-Shaped Spirituality by Michael Spencer
I am currently reading/studying Pure Emotion by Susan Lawrence. So far it is very good. It is just so difficult to sit down and read these days with so much going on in our lives. I pray that I can work through my list and one day be able to say that I have read these books! Some of them just sound like books that I won't be able to put down!

I wonder if I am the only one that has a stack of unread books and a running wish list of books to read in the future???

"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:"
Ecclesiastes 3:1

I wonder if this season, fall, autumn, will be a season of catching up on reading for me! :)
I pray that you are blessed immeasurably! Goodnight!

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    ~~Prayer & Moving~~

    Turning the World Off