It's been so busy and I just seem to never have time to just sit down and unwind...which is where today's post title comes from: SO MANY BOOKS, so little time!
I started painting my bookshelf Saturday---I found this great half cabinet, half book shelf on craigslist for $80. I didn't like the color and I knew that I would end up painting it and adding new hardware so that the shelf would go with my living room decor, and I just love a good project so I grabbed it up as fast as I could...actually, I had my husband drive to Little Rock and pick the thing up for me, but I contacted the seller :)
Anyhow, the plans are to paint it a tealy-blue, shabby chic style. It will be absolutely adorable when it is all said and done. I need to get it finished quick because I have 3 boxes full of books! Some I have read, some are photo albums/yearbooks, but then there is a section of books that I purchased hoping to read sometime soon.
I LOVE to read! And I wish that I had an entire week where I could just sit down and read book after book after book and put a dent in the stack that I have waiting to be read!
Some titles that I can't wait to crack open and devour are:
- Still Growing by Kirk Cameron
- Justification and Regneration by Charles Leiter
- So Long Insecurity Group Experience Bible Study by Beth Moore
- Ruth: Gleaning Hope from the MORE Series
- The New Strong Willed Child by James Dobson
- Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Five Love Languages of Children by Chapman & Campbell
- Paul by Beth Moore (I started it and have never finished)
- A Time to Embrace by Karen Kingsbury
- Beautiful Outlaw by John Eldredge
- Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of Jesus by Kyle Idleman
- I Don't Know How She Does It: The Life of Kate Reddy, Working Mother by Allison Pearson
- Grace for the Good Girl: Letting Go of the Try-Hard Life by Emily Freeman
- Nehemiah: Rebuilding, Revival and Restoration of the People of God by Kay Arthur
- Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- Faith Dare by Debbie Alsdorf
- The Wives of King David by Jill Eileen Smith
- Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver
- Mere Churchianity: Finding Your Way Back to a Jesus-Shaped Spirituality by Michael Spencer
I wonder if I am the only one that has a stack of unread books and a running wish list of books to read in the future???
"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:"
I wonder if this season, fall, autumn, will be a season of catching up on reading for me! :)
I pray that you are blessed immeasurably! Goodnight!