LYLAS



A few nights ago I received a text from one of my oldest friends-
oldest as in years of our relationship, not her age, lol.

She was asking prayers for her health and for healing and relief from the pain that she is enduring. It was late, so I didn't call her, but instead I stopped right there and text-prayed with her.

Typing that it sounds a little weird-ish, but, I am here to tell you that it was strong.

You see, her and I don't speak often, and we don't get a chance to see one another often either. We live roughly 510 miles apart; one of us in the heart of Arkansas and one of us in the panhandle of Texas. On top of being so far away, we both have two kiddos and husbands that have crazy busy work schedules and life has just taken over.

But do you know what we know?

Anytime, day or night, rain or shine, we are their for one another.

In prayer constantly.
In thought daily.
In heart always.

Lifetime friends.

I am so thankful for her friendship. Knowing deep down that if I called and said, "I need you", she would be there in a heartbeat. And always has been, since we were kids. Maybe she couldn't jump in her car and be at my house in a matter of minutes,
but she would be on her knees in no time, praying on my behalf.

That's powerful.

That's a God-sent friendship.

Isn't God so good and faithful to provide true and lasting relationships for us while we are here in this temporary life?
To me, this is just another way that God has bestowed grace, mercy and love on us---and we don't even deserve it.

I love knowing that Jesus is in the center of my relationship with my long-distance bestie.
I am honored to be called on by her to pray for her and her family.
Today I am praising God for this friendship and the many others that I have been graced with.

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 NIV

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

What is a RESOLUTION??