Stormy Weather

Just before sitting at the computer to write this, I was cleaning the counters in my kitchen-wiping up the messes from the day, the messes from our dinner that I ate two bites of and was full.
When all of a sudden there was a loud rumbling of thunder, followed by an even louder rumbling. And then the rain started to fall harder and all I could think of was "that is exactly how I feel inside."

My heart & soul are rumbling, like thunder during a rainstorm. My pride snuck up and bit me tonight- I'm having a tough time shooing it away...that's been happening more often lately- having a good day and then all of a sudden, someone says something or does something to spark my selfish-fleshly-self to become arrogant, or envious, or angry, or ______...you fill in the blank.
Whoa, bright lightning through the window and another loud roll of thunder.

I wanna go stand in the rain right now!
Let it fall on my face as I lift my hands toward the sky and just be...Be Still. Be Still.

"The Lord will fight for you; you have only to be still." Exodus 14:14

All He has called me to do is to trust Him and follow His lead. Yet I keep pressing my feelings, my fears, my wants in, and I lose sight of His command. He is my Peace in any storm, if I will just let go of myself.

I'm letting go. I'm going to finish the kitchen, work out on the elliptical and all the while, I'm going to be God-focused and centered on Christ. He is my Portion and He alone is my Peace.

He calls me to be still---even through the stormy weather within my soul.

 Grace by Laura Story

my heart is so proud
my mind is so unfocused
I see the things you do through me as great things I have done
and now you gently break me
then lovingly you take me
and hold me as my father
and mold me as my maker

I ask you how many times will you pick me up when I keep on letting you down
and each time I will fall short of your glory
how far will forgiveness abound
and you answer my child I love you
and as long as your seeking my face
you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace.

At times I may grow weak
and feel a bit discouraged
knowing that someone somewhere could do a better job
for who am I to serve you
I know I don't deserve you
and thats the part that burns in my heart and keeps me hanging on

 I ask you how many times will you pick me up when I keep on letting you down
and each time I will fall short of your glory
how far will forgiveness abound
and you answer my child I love you
and as long as your seeking my face
you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace.

You are so patient with me Lord

As I walk with you I'm learning
what your grace really means
the price that I could never pay was paid at Calvary
so instead of trying to repay you
I'm learning to simply Obey you
by giving up my life to you
for all that you've given to me

I ask you how many times will you pick me up when I keep on letting you down
and each time I will fall short of your glory
how far will forgiveness abound
and you answer my child I love you
and as long as your seeking my face
you'll walk in the power of my daily sufficient grace.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

Turning the World Off