Clean Slate



I just wanted to share something that I read tonight....the first page that wrote in my Bible study journal. I wrote this on April 21, 2011 and I am thankful that I re-read it tonight.

There is just something about a clean sheet of paper. It makes me happy! A new notepad and pen lift my spirits for some odd reason. I guess one of my most favorite idesa is that of a "Clean Slate".

I like to rearrange furniture; clean and organize things; and as weird as it seems, I don't mind moving at all, except for the packing, loading/unloading of the U-haul. But I love to put pictures up, arrange furniture in a room for the first time.
Just the newness, the excitement of a clean, blank canvas, waiting to become a masterpiece!

This notepad was bought for a reason--I will be starting a Bible study in 4 days, No Other Gods by Kelly Minter. And I wanted to begin a notebook for notes, journaling, scratching down thoughts and ideas, so that I might dig deeper and glean more from this study than I would just answering questions from the book.

I want this notebook to contain not just words that I can share with those I am studying with, but also things that I want to ask God or tell God or praise God for. I want to write things down to make myself face issues I have and take them to the Cross to be dealt with.

Sometimes it helps to have a visual aid--to watch that clean space be filled up just to know what we have and what is no longer ours (mine) to carry!

I can't believe I wrote that! But boy did I need it today!!!

Proverbs 12:25Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. (NLT)

Philippians 4:6-7Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (NLT)

Matthew 6:31-33So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT)

1 Peter 5:7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (NLT)

Comments

  1. Love a clean sheet of paper myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same! I love creating something new... & sharing it :)
    Worry is my weakness for sure! Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

Turning the World Off