Been in a Slump


I've been distant for a while...not just from the blogging world, but from a lot of different things, for a lot of different reasons.

#1 I'M IN A SLUMP

Ever been there?

I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel right now. I am overwhelmed and completely tired.


And, it shows!

Step one foot in my house and you will see evidence of my slump. Take a look at my paperwork stack at work (and home) and you will see pieces of my slump. Any night of the week, if you came to my house, you would see me in my slump, staying up way too late with so much on my mind, exhausted, yet I cannot sleep. Any morning of the week, if you were to wake me up first thing, you would see the slump on my face, in my voice, and my hair!

And what no one else sees, God sees...and hears...and feels....and knows...
My prayer-life has not been what God desires...my mind has not been set on things above, and it has me slumped. No, no...let me rephrase that...Me not setting my mind on God, me not setting my eyes on God alone, I have myself slumped.

I've been studying emotions for a little while now. I should be on week 8, but since my "slump", I'm only on week 4, which I have beat myself up for until yesterday.
God revealed to me yesterday that I am exactly where He wanted me to be on my Pure Emotion study.

God is working in me. He is showing me things that I must cut out...showing me that through this "boiling" process, the "gunk" in my life is being removed. (Thanks for the metaphor, Hilary Cleaver)

What I call a slump, God calls refining. My slump is how He is going to prune the bad off of my branches. My change in Christ will not always be without pain. And it is not an automatic, complete change: it has it's ups and downs. My change is a process, and I can either stay caught up in this slump or I can call it part of the process: like Fermentation to make wine (thanks again Hilary for this metaphor).

Fermentation needs oxygen and food---breath of God and God's Word
then temperature and pressure---trials of life
you also have to know when to feed the yeast---being at church and around other believers

My slump is equivalent to the trials of life: Stuck Fermentation: things that are buried that need to be pulled up and out! (I won't go into detail, but please google Stuck Fermentation and the causes...then put it into the perspective that I am talking about here, and wow!)



Matthew 9:17
Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved.”

But God is my Teacher and my Counselor, my Physician and Healer of my heart, and He can do anything: including walking me out of this slump---out of my old wineskin and into a new one!
I must choose daily to be in His presence: it is easy to fall back into old habits, especially when we remove our eyes from Him. I am praying for a resurrection in my life: for a God breathed awakening.


2 Corinthians 5:17-21
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[b] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Lord,
I pray today, that You would breathe on me God. That I would be awakened to You, and feel Your presence in my life. Father, I just can't stand to be away from You. "My slump" is from my own choice of distance---and I choose now God to come as near to You as I possibly can.
 God, I seek You, I love You and I praise You. I thank You for Your ultimate sacrifice of Your Son Jesus Christ, for me, a wretched sinner.
Lord, I am so unworthy of that offering to save me...and in return, all I have to give is my life...and I pray God, that I bring to You all that You desire of me.
In Your Son's Precious Name,
Amen.

Comments

  1. I understand all too well... I just said a special prayer for you! Hope you feel better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

**Last Day of June 2011**