Fall Leaf Epiphany



I was sitting in my living room eating lunch, and I glanced out the window, watching the wind in the trees. I noticed 2 trees right beside eachother, one green, with a little bit of yellow and the other mostly reddish-brown.

At that moment, seriously, I about jumped for joy! I'm pretty sure I jumped up and down and loudly proclaimed "Wow!".

Ok, so back to what I had seen---the trees, two of them, different colors.
Look at the trees this time of year, their colors are changing, each tree is different from the one right beside it. Now, the thing that I found interesting and incredible, is that these trees have endured the same exact conditions! They have been exposed to identical circumstances, and yet, they look completely different from eachother!

Okay, I came up with the most obvious reason for this difference on my own: they could be different types/species of trees, which means that they won't react the same to weather and climate conditions.
Then I did a tiny bit of research: http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/leaves.html
The number one cause of the changing of colors is the change of seasons, shorter days, and less water and light. This change shuts down food production and in return we see beautiful yellow and orange foliage.
In some instances glucose can be trapped, which causes the red color and in others waste is trapped causing the brown colors.

I will move on now to the moral of my epiphany :)

Immediately I compared this view I was looking at to people---mostly, the people around me in my Christian community.
Sometimes we go through situations, not alone, but together. And in such instances, one may think that the effects on all parties will be the same...but that is not so.
We are all so different to begin with, that it only makes sense for us to have different reactions, even if we endure the same circumstances together.

So, do we wish that all of the trees would change the same way at the same time? No. Why? Because without the differences that each tree brings, the view would not be as breath-taking as we know it to be.

The same goes for us: we can't all change in the same ways and at the same times. With our seperate changes, our distinct varieties in spiritual, emotional, physical characteristics, a beautiful scene can be created. It's amazing what we can learn from God's own creation.

The trees outside my window were screaming glory and praise to God, right at me today! I am so thankful that I stopped long enough to see it, to hear it. I can see things a little clearer now; He allowed me to peak into His plan just a little more than yesterday---we aren't meant to be in the same place---to walk in the same shoes---to read the same passages and get the same message from them at the same time, everytime---we aren't always meant to react to a situation in the same manner---
Some run. Some hide. Some stay. Some go. Some talk. Some stay silent. Some scream.Some smile.
Some cry.
Some may go through every single one of these, like a leaf that starts out green, changes to red, orange, yellow, brown... Some may go through totally different stages than these.

We are a part of a gorgeous, perfectly orchestrated scenic panorama by God!

As children of God, earnestly seeking His will in our lives, we should pray that our reactions will reflect and glorify Him, just as the trees in autumn burst with beauty, praising God!
He uses every change, every situation to color us the exact color we are supposed to be, exactly when we are supposed to be it!

I pray that these words made sense---because I am so excited writing them right now!

"He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;" (Daniel 2:21 ESV)    

"He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority." (Acts 1:7 ESV)

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass … Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.” (Psalm 37:4,7)

Comments

  1. Love this post!!! So true... we can learn so much through nature!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

~~Prayer & Moving~~

Turning the World Off